Welcome to AquaCase
AquaCase is a portal designed to provide you with information about different types of aquaculture facilities, how they are built up, and how they operate. The purpose is to create a virtual tour of the facilities in order to provide much of the information you would get from a field trip.
In an educational context, this is meant as a supplement to traditional classroom teaching. The published material will also be used as background information for assignments as needed.
Navigating this site is easy. The site is so far divided into seven main categories of facilities:
- Country information
- Learning activities
- Other resources
Using the navigation tabs at the top of the page, you will find the list of cases under these categories. Once you have chosen a case, each case will be divided into 5 sections accessible via the navigation tabs:
- The site
- Facility and equipment
- Planning and operation
- Local community
- Recipes (selected resources)
You can at any point see where you have navigated with the "You are here" overview at the top of the page. You can then click anywhere to navigate back.
To scroll directly to the subheadings you are interested in, you can use the quickjump bubble on the right. Should you want to return to the top of the page, simply click the "back to top" icon next to each subheading.
Some sections might make additional materials available to you, such as documents, Internet links, photos and videos and guidance to case-related learning activities. If applicable, a table like the one below is shown with appropriate links to the materials.
We would like to thank the following companies for making their facilities available and supporting in the creation of AquaCase:
- Marine Harvest (Compilation by Odd Ivar Lekang and Mikkel Mowinkel)
- Salmar (Compilation by Odd Ivar Lekang and Mikkel Mowinkel)
- Umlax (Compilation by Odd Ivar Lekang and Mikkel Mowinkel)
- Valle Ca’ Zuliani (Compilation by Maria Messina)
- Carelia Caviar (Compilation by Juhani Pirhonen)
- ALGAPLUS(Compilation by Helena Abreu and Sónia Seixas)
- Green Aqua Farming (Compilation by Bernd Ueberschär)
- BioServe, Bernd Ueberschär (various contributions and overall responsibility)